Wednesday, January 16, 2013 at 12:15PM
Whether about omnichannel strategy or customer behaviors, here are some (curated) tweets from the National Retail Federation's (NRF's) recent BIG show (which was held Jan 13-16). Read collectively, they impart a heightened sense of urgency. Retailers are recognizing the enormous shift necessary to put the empowered consumer at the center and drive success.
- @TwitterSmallBiz From 2011 to 2012, conversations about retail and shopping increased over 60% on Twitter. #NRF13
- @NRFnews Companies today don’t need to choose between their website and their physical stores. They need both. #nrf13 http://ow.ly/gM9Cf
- @CRM The great "convergence" of retail- there are no channels anymore, this is about you and the #customer #NRF13
- @retailgeek Every retailer at #nrf13 is talking about their omnichannel strategy, but few have org structures and kpi’s aligned with strat.
- @WSLStrategic Shoppers today pause to ask themselves, "Is this a smart use of my money?" #HowAmericaShops #NRF13
- @karincaifaCNN Touch was everywhere at CES last week. This week seeing touch screens all over #nrf13 as retailers aim for more in-store interaction.
- @IBMSmrtCommerce From #NRF13: Merchandisers need tools to help customers find/buy products #ecommerce #smartercommerce http://bit.ly/10xesT4
- @RTouchPoints It's about giving the customer a reason to want to engage with your brand, says @macys exec #NRF13
- @DeloitteUS Deloitte anticipates #smartphone influence to grow to 19% of total store sales by 2016, amounting to $689 billion. #nrf13